Friday, March 30, 2012

Messy, Messy, Messy...

A while back I received Nicole by OPI Turquoise Shatter.  I was excited to try a shatter polish, eventhough everything I had seen failed to impress me.  Many shatter/crackle polishes just seemed thick, chunky, and messy.  

Many bloggers however, have a wonderful gift of making them look lovely & intriguing.  I knew I needed to try one at least ONCE.  The following picture is not a picture of my first, second, or even THIRD attempt.  It was well beyond that...
I followed the directions, I read multiple blog posts, I tried SO hard to make NOPI Turquoise Shatter work.  I TRIED to love it, but instead just made a mess.  Maybe some day I will drag her out again, or find a more loving home for her.  Until then I will be reminded of my many fails with this polish.

Has anyone else been more successful with this?

I'm sure glad that this year we've seen the orange, green, and flakie trends emerge this year.  In my humble opinion, shatters/crackles can continue to be "so last year"  I'll be very ok with that:)

2 comments:

  1. I never once liked the shatter or crackle look, and I'll be happy if I never see it again! lol BUT, and that's a big but, for some reason I really want to try Barry M Croc Effects because the pattern looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not a fan. The Barry M Croc Effects does look better than the crackle/shatter polishes. I just don't like when my nails look messy or caked with polish. Maybe crackle/shatter is better for toes?

      Delete