Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Manicure

Happy Memorial Day to all U.S. readers.


We cherish too, the Poppy red
That grows on fields where valor led,
It seems to signal to the skies
That blood of heroes never dies.

                                    ~Moina Michael



I hope that as you celebrate today you remember those who died serving our nation in war.  To celebrate and remember, I chose to create a manicure specific to Memorial Day.  
I was inspired by the above poem by Moina Michael (who was inspired by "In Flanders Fields").
I hope you enjoyed my abstract poppy manicure.  I used a base of Zoya Purity as my white canvas, then I added Zoya America (very fitting, I know) and tried to use the watercolor technique but it didn't work.  So I free handed an imperfect circle with Zoya America over my mess.  Than I added a stem and leaves with Zoya Edyta.  It was finished off with a black rhinestone for the center.  I will have to try this one again some time:)

I hope you enjoy this day of rememberance.

No comments:

Post a Comment