Friday, June 15, 2012

Three PERFECT Classic Summer Up-Dos

Ok folks, so if you've been following on twitter or facbook you have noticed that I've been busy packing and planning next week.  Next week I have to travel 4 hours away from home and spend an entire week on campus for grad school.  It will be quite the busy week, but no worries, I have scheduled posts to keep you entertained:)

I will be on campus to participate in the clinical experience required for my area of study.  Every day professional dress is required.  Also, as of right now there is no telling whether there will be air conditioning on-site (there is in all campus buildings but it's not definite for our other off campus locations).  My wardrobe is full of professional dress for fall through spring, but it is seriously lacking in the summer department;)  To try to cure my lack of professional summer attire I've been pinteresting it up trying to gather ideas for outfits, hair, make up, manicures (of course) you name it!

I came across three gorgeous hair tutorials from Reagan,a hair blogger at Hairdresser On Fire and hairstylist at Whittemore House in NYC.  She posted these on Latest-Hairstyles and they are perfect for those days when it is humid, muggy, and my hair is misbehaving. Check it out:

3 Updos Every Woman Should Know How To Do. The Braided Chignon

I have thick curly/wavy hair and I'm always looking for ways to use my hair's natural texture to create beautiful updos.  This would be perfect for day old hair (aka. hair the day after you wash it).  I love the asymmetry of this!

3 Updos Every Woman Should Know How To Do. The Party Bun

Although this is called the "party bun" it is also  my saving grace when I have bad hair days.  I love the texture that this has.  This is essential for those muggy days that will be abundant next week!

3 Updos Every Woman Should Know How To Do. The Romantic French Twist

I love that this is professional & pretty without being too old looking.  I think that French twists can often get a bad connotation because of the aged & serious population that traditionally wears them.  It would also be fun to include a subtle braid either into the twist or as a headband.  Also French twists can always be done at a diagonal for a more asymmetrical look:)

What are some of your go-to hair styles for those humid days of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment