Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Fun Challenge--Days 1 & 2

Lindsey at the Neverland Nail Blog is so incredibly creative.  I love her blog so very much and about 3 weeks ago she announced a fun summer challenge.
I was immediately thrilled to participate and I actually went to work right away trying to create manicures for the 8 themes.  Unfortunately I lost my camera's USB cord so I could not upload, which meant I couldn't pre-plan the posts despite the preparation I put in:-\  Anyway...I found my camera's USB cord on Sunday.  Therefore I am a little late to the party, but I will continue to add 2 posts per week that follow the themes.  

Here's a little catching up...

Day 1: GRILL MASTER
 I took this literally.  I was not crazy about putting meat or veggies on my nails, it kind of weirded me out. I decided to create a grill on my fingernails.  I really loved this.  I used a base of Sinful Colors Black on Black then I carefully sponged Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby and Dr. Remedy Tranquil Tangerine to create flames.  This glowed, a lot!  For the grate I used Barielle Granite Glitter and a nail art brush.

Because I was too late to the party & unable to add my link, check out the other Grill Master inspired nails here or here:


Day 2: Summer Lovin'
All I could think of is Grease.  I was stuck & without ideas.  So I recalled one of my favorite summers, the summer my husband proposed.  We were at the beach (but I really didn't want to do beach nails) and there were beautiful clear skies all week.  My father-in-law was really sweet to take pictures of the whole thing from a distance (so I wouldn't know it was happening, so I wouldn't get frazzled, etc.).  So this was my inspiration.  I used Essie Barefoot in Blue for the background then I sponged Zoya Purity to make clouds (and a heart-shaped cloud too!).  The rest of the details (including polaroid style pictures & silhouettes) were created using Zoya Purity, Sinful Colors Black on Black, and  Barielle Granite Glitter.  I'm not thrilled about how this turned out, but my other attempt at a Summer Lovin' manicure was worse.

Check out the other Summer Lovin' manicures here or below.

1 comment: