Friday, August 10, 2012

Barielle's Some Like it Hot Collection

Last week you saw the Dazzling Diamonds Collection Barielle sent me.  Here is the other one, Some Like It Hot.
Please ignore the stray glitter in some photos, these were swatched immediately following the glitter swatch fest that was Dazzling Diamonds.  I also apologize for the condition of my hands & nails.  I had spent a week at the beach and they were dry to say the least from sunscreen, salt water, sand, and also from remover after swatching.  

This collection consists of bright summery colors in 2 finishes, cream and shimmer.  ALL swatches show 2 coats.
 Life of the Party is described as an "opaque pink with a touch of coral."  This is a pretty accurate description of this hot pink.  The coral brightens it making it perfect for summer.


 Gotta Have Fate is a coral!!!!!! It is described as just that an "opaque creamy coral."  Perfect tangerine leaning coral that adds some warmth to any summer ensemble.


 Sunshine is the first true yellow I have EVER tried.  It is perfectly described as a "warm yellow with shimmer."  The shimmer is subtle, but beautiful.  It makes the polish apply nicely and also gives it a glow so it isn't too flat.



 Lily of the Valley is, well, GORGEOUS.  The perfect emerald green that is shimmery but not streaky or frosty.  Barielle calls it "Irish green with shimmer" which is accurate, but I prefer to call it emerald:)  Lovely gemstone inspired color, perfect for any season.  I am actually really excited to wear this one again, even though I usually don't wear green polish.



 Surf's Up is "deep Caribbean blue."  I really love this color and I have nothing like it.  The blue is lovely and bright.  I must warn users that you MUST use a base coat that prevents staining or you will become smurf-ified!


The Verdict:
I love this entire collection.  As usual I have favorites:)  Due to my coral obsession, Gotta Have Fate is perfection.  I also adore Lily of the Valley, I have always loved emerald greens, but never had a polish that was emerald before.  I also loved Surf's Up against my skin tone.  If your collection is lacking in these colors or finishes I would suggest snatching them, however you might have some similar polishes already if you're a die-hard polish-aholic;)

This collection can be found at the Barielle website and retails for $25.00.  You can also purchase the polishes individually for $8.00.

Disclosure: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the manufacturer or their PR company for consideration.  For more information please visit the tabs below the header.

No comments:

Post a Comment