Friday, January 18, 2013

Golden Elegance

Every season has its trends that help to make way for the next fad. Last year Essie came out with their   luxe effects. Prior to this a number of brands were creating "toppers" that changed the appearance of a polish with glitters, duochrome shimmers, and flakies. The trend has since evolved into gold flake topcoats.

Originally I was smitten with this concept, but after much thought I decided that the gold flakes were not my style. I'm sure if I tried them I'd change mind. To curb my appetite for a real gold topcoat I decided to break out As Gold As It Gets from the Essie luxe effects collection.

I layered this golden beauty over L'Oreal Sweet Nothings. This was quite lovely and I received many compliments on this golden manicure. It reminds me of golden sun rays and sparkling warm sand. I love trying out new layering combinations. And although this is nothing like a gold topcoat I still find it beautiful and stunning.

7 comments:

  1. Hi. I just saw your comment in Lauren's forum. So I thought I'd check your blog out and I actually really like it! Maybe you'd like to check mine out as well :) it's http://vickynspiration.blogspot.com . We bloggers have to stick together!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Vicky! I totally agree that we must stick together. I am so excited to check out your blog, thanks for the invite!

      Delete
  2. This lookes gorgeous! I LOVE IT! Wonder if that Essie will be hard to find :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen it frequently in displays in grocery, pharmacy, and Target stores (in the US).

      Delete
  3. I love this.I have found you through the Lauren Conrad website, and I love your blog. Would you like to follow each other. Just leave a comment to let me know.
    My Fashion blog: I'm A Love Addict
    ENTER>>>Dress and make-up goodies Giveaway<<<

    ReplyDelete